Sunday, June 3, 2007

In the Bag



Camera Gear - probably weighing more than my clothes this is what i'm taking to shoot with - probably too much, and certainly too heavy, mostly Pentax gear and I might be posting some of it back if it doesn't see much use.

In the Kit is a Pentax K10D Digital SLR, a Super A (as a film back up), sigma 10-20mm, Pentax 21mm f3.2, 28mm f2.8, 43mm f1.9, 100mm f2.8 and 70-210 f4. Compact cameras are a Panasonic LX2 and an Olympus XA2 as a film backup. Every time I think i'm carrying too much stuff I think about the shots i'd miss without each lens. Most of the time I expect to be using mainly two lenses - say the 21 and 43, or the 28 and 100, or even the 21 and 70-210 - depends on where I am and what shots I hope to get. I could have just taken a superzoom but decided that the images I get from this set up will not only be better quality but it will make me think about the shot rather than just start snapping. Most of the time I expect to be shooting with the 28mm - it has served me well on previous trips, but I do like the 21mm... all of this is stuffed into a Lowepro slingshot 200 AW, so we'll see how it goes - I think the first thing to go might be the 70-210 if it gets too heavy (and I come across a 50-200 in japan somewhere) I was going to leave the 10-20 behind as well but you just can't beat that ultra wide angle and I know I'd regret it as soon as we get off the plane.. . which leaves at 11:30 am tomorrow... guess I'd better get back to packing.

No comments: