Friday, July 6, 2007

Some Shots from Yangshuo

Yangshuo has been ok - after a good look around there really isn't anything left of what our (10year old) lonely planet book describes. Last night we went out on the river to see the comorant fishing - it started at 7... in theory, the boat eventually left the pier just after 8pm - so it was pitch black - never good for photography (meanwhile we missed a very nice sunset). This morning we got up at about 5:30 for a river cruise, unfortunately it was quite cloudy and the sun only popped through a few times, the area is beautiful but I'm yet to see anything that I would describe as legendary - the first shot below is the best landscape I've managed to shoot here (assuming they are all in order - I'm using this site in Chinese)



One of my favorite shots so far - Nancy and the comorants on the boat cruise this morning


Old guy with a water buffalo


An old guy with two birds


Comorant fisherman at night


me with one of the fishermans comorants


A back lane in Yangshuo


YumCha on the street at night


At night in Yangshuo


Nancy in Lantau during a brief pause in the rain

No comments: